How to use the Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask
The Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask is a unique mask that should be used 1-2 times a week to help improve skin congestion. When you first open the jar, there’s a spatula and a tight lid over the clay mask to help seal it air tight. Use the spatula to open the lid and you will find a grey goo like solution. The smell is a little off putting as it smells a little like tar as it has charcoal powder in it. This is a very powerful cleaning formula which is one of the reasons why we love this clay mask.
1. After you’ve thoroughly washed your face, use the spatula to scoop a small amount (penny size) of the clay mask and apply it to your cheek.
2. Using the spatula, spread this thinly and quickly across your cheek. A thick application will be very hard for you to wash off later so think thin!
3. Repeat this until you have covered your entire face including your forehead, cheeks, nose, chin and jawline. Avoid areas like your eyes, nostrils, lips and ears.
4. The clay mask will start bubbling during the application process, don’t worry it will continue to bubble for a while so keep spreading the mask as thin as you can on your face. Use your spatula to get it on the crevasses of your face as this benefits areas like that the most.
5. Once this is on your face, let it sit for about 3-5 minutes while it bubble and does it’s magic. Reasons to avoid places like the nostrils? It tickles a lot!
6. When the bubbling starts to slow down (you’ll hear it too), use your index, middle and ring finger to rub the bubbled clay mask back into your skin. This helps the the bubbling process start all over again. Remember, bubbling = skin cleaning, putting air into your pores, etc. Let this sit for about another 1-2 minutes.
7. The clean up process is a little tough. We suggest using a soft face wash cloth or cotton pads to help clean off the clay as it takes some effort to come off. Use lukewarm water and continue to wash off the mask gently. Again, it will take several tries to completely clean this mask off.
A picture of this mask just applied:
A picture of the mask after 3 minutes: